Google Keep

Google Keep is an interesting but handy little Google feature that lets you make reminders and virtual sticky notes. 

I'm sure you are totally super-organized and never forget stuff, but I definitely need a little help.  Plus, I'm sure that even if you don't need a note-taking app, you might know a student or two who could benefit.



There are lots of note-taking apps out there, but Google Keep has a few sweet features:
  1. It syncs anywhere I use Google, so I can see my notes on my laptop, my phone, my tablet, my Chromebook, or wherever.
  2. I can type notes in the laptop, and then use my phone to check off to-do lists.
  3. It can send me a reminder at a time or location of my choosing. My phone will "bing" at the right time or place.
     For examples, it can remind me...
    • when I get home, call the bank
    • next time I'm at the grocery store, buy milk
    • 3 months from now, cancel that magazine subscription

  4. I can color code my notes. OK, it's minor, but I love that feature
  5. Using the Google Keep Chrome extension, I can clip interesting web articles to look at later.
  6. I can keep separate sets of notes: my personal notes in my personal Gmail account, and my school notes in my school Google account.
  7. When I'm done with a note, I can archive it. That saves and hides it, so I can look it up later if I want.

Now, since it's online, I wouldn't store passwords or anything sensitive in it, but for little reminder and lists, I use it all the time!

Cheers!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts

Google Drawings! 12 Days of Techmas, Day 10

17 Classroom Tricks for your Whiteboard, Projector, and Doc Camera

Take Your Google Docs With You Before You Graduate