Take Your Google Docs With You Before You Graduate
Taking Your Google Data With You Before You Graduate: Google Takeout
Students who use Google Apps in school can amass a large number of docs, presentations, etc, representing a huge amount of academic work. Because these docs are stored in the cloud, you could lose them when your school deactivates your account after you graduate.
Fear not! Google Takeout lets you download and save all of the Google Drive and Gmail data that your created when you were in school.
- Go to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout.
If prompted, sign in with your school Google Account.
- Scroll down and turn OFF the data that you do NOT need to save.
This is up to you. You know best which services you used and need to archive.
NOTE: There are limits to the number of times you can archive your data, so choose wisely the first time.
- Click Next.
- Leave “File type” and “Delivery method” unchanged and click “Create archive.”
- When archiving is done, you will see a screen like the one below.
If you have a lot of data, it could take a while to process. If you are impatient, you can close the browser tab -- Google will email you a link to your data when it is ready.
- Click the Download button to download all of the data you archived.
This example was a small archive. If you had a lot of data, Google breaks your archive into multiple files, so make sure you download each of them.