Awesome Screenshot: 12 Days of Hanutech, Day 3

There are so many times I need to capture what our computer screens look like, so we can share something with our students. For example, let me show you my recent internet search for penguins wearing hats....

Inline image 1

There are ways to do this on your Windows PC or Mac, but I prefer to use the Chrome extension Awesome Screenshot. It lets me capture a variety of things, including a browser tab, my entire desktop, or just a small part of the screen. 

Inline image 4

Then, it lets me add quick arrows, circles, text, or whatever to my image, like this....

Inline image 2 

It also lets you save the screenshots to your Google Drive, or simply copy/paste them into a document. 

It's super easy to use, and installs in seconds. Visit this link and add it to Chrome. Then, any time Chrome is open, you can grab the screenshot you need. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Google Drawings! 12 Days of Techmas, Day 10

17 Classroom Tricks for your Whiteboard, Projector, and Doc Camera

Take Your Google Docs With You Before You Graduate