Gmail Inbox Organization: 12 Days of Techmas, Day 9

In Gmail, you can  organize your inbox so that your most important stuff is near the top. There are a few different ways to set up it, but I'll show how I set up my Inbox and let you experiment from there.

​My Inbox shows email in this order of priority:
1. Starred Emails, both read and unread
2. Important and Unread
3. Everything else




"Importance" is determined automatically by Google, and it does a really good job.

Stars are marked by me. If I read a message that I know I need to come back to I click the Star icon on the message (as shown in the two images below). By starring emails, I know I won't lose forget about important messages as new email comes in. 





 To set this up for your Inbox, click the Settings Gear and choose "Settings."

Then, click the Inbox tab, and adjust the settings until 1-4 look like mine.

As you set yours up, you will notice that there are other options that you may prefer. Try it out and see what works best for you!

Comments

Popular Posts

Google Drawings! 12 Days of Techmas, Day 10

17 Classroom Tricks for your Whiteboard, Projector, and Doc Camera

Take Your Google Docs With You Before You Graduate