Google Docs Add-Ons!
This lets you select from a variety of extras that you can use to increase the functionality of Google Docs. There are 35 Add-ons available (at the time of this posting), although teachers especially may be interested in these:
- EasyBib: integrates citation references into a document, much like the EasyBib website.
- Thesaurus: Just what it sounds like - helps you find synonyms
- Merge and Avery Mail Merge: lets you merge data in a Google Spreadsheet into a Google Doc.
- Highlighting tools: implements highlighting functions, great for reviewing a document
- VexTab Music Notation: allows you to add musical notes and staves into a Google Doc.
To use one of these addons, simply click the "Add-ons" button in the menu of your Google Doc [Don't see an Add-ons menu? It may be a few days before Google rolls it out to everyone.] Choose the Add-on you like, and follow the directions. They're easy to install, and also easy to remove if you decide you don't llike them.