Little-known Moodle Tip: Using your Moodle Logs
Moodle keeps track of when users access it and make changes. Teachers can use the logs to see if/when students open the course, open a resource or activity, and contribute a file, forum post, or other schoolwork.
- To use this feature of Moodle, open your course and look in the “Administration” block. Click the “Reports” link.
- This brings you to a screen with a lot of options. They are not well labelled, but they allow you to narrow your search. In orderfrom left-to-right, they let you select:
- The course to view
- All students or choose one student
- All days or just one day
- All assignments or just one assignment
- Type of action, such a when a student “views” a resource or “adds” a file.
- Display results now or download to a text doc or spreadsheet.
This can be a very useful tool. You can see if students are accessing your course materials and when, and get a very specific list of their coursework.